About the European Huntington Disease Association
Aims of the Association
- By standing together we will share the burden and face the challenges.
- We will learn from each other and support development of services all over Europe.
- We will be a strong partner in joint efforts with authorities, researchers and industry to find treatment for HD.
- We will be a strong and clear voice and be heard where ever needed.
- We will be authentic and promote dignity and respect for everybody and in all relations.
- We will always be curious and move ever forward, as long as we can breathe – we call it hope.
Objectives of the Association
- To build relationships among the Huntington Disease communities across borders
- To increase knowlegde and understanding about Huntingtons Disease and thereby increase empathy and ability.
- To promote stronger partnership between professionals and the lay community.
- To coordinate the lay community and thereby enable ourselves to act more efficient and speed up development of services and research.
- To collaborate with the best scientists in the world and promote fruitful dialogue between the professionals and the people affected by HD.
- To promote openness and information about the disease and fight fear, shame and stigma.