On April 8 2016, Enroll-HD reached a milestone as the 10,000th person signed up to be part of the study.
That person joined 9,999 others in the worldwide collaborative effort to understand more about HD and provide an infrastructure for more and better research and provide an infrastructure for more and better research, including clinical trials of potential new drugs. Enroll-HD is now growing at full speed, adding about 1,000 people every quarter of the year. For current numbers, check the website at www.enroll-hd.org.
Regional startup and enrollment updates:
- 5,506 participants have been enrolled at 71 active sites in Denmark, Germany, Poland, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and the UK.
- 28 additional European sites that will participate in Enroll-HD now have fully-executed contracts.
- 4,222 participants have been enrolled at 57 active sites in the US and Canada.
- An additional 14 sites have begun the site start-up process.
- 424 participants have been enrolled at five active sites in Australia and New Zealand.
- Two additional sites have begun the site start-up process.
- 140 participants have been enrolled at two sites in Argentina and Chile.
- Start-up efforts continue at 10 sites in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Peru.