September 2017 | Sofia
The European Huntington Association Conference Stronger Together kicked off with president Astri Arnesen and her husband and board member Svein Olaf Olsen welcoming 250 participants in Sofia, Bulgaria. Over a period of three days, Huntington’s disease was on the agenda.
Eminent speakers had travelled from all over Europe and the United States to update the crowd. Many important topics where brought into light. In addition to sessions, workshops and discussions physical activity was devoted a lot of attention. Every morning the participants met outside the hotel, ready to walk or run through the streets of Sofia under the slogan HD on the Move.
You can find the full conference program here. Underneath you will find PowerPoints from the conference, videos and pictures.
Number of Participants represented by country
- Huntington’s Disease in Bulgaria by Constantine Economides
- Clinical trials – how to measure if treatments work:
- Physical Activity with Rudolfo Vera
- Exciting times – HD research and clinical trials in HD by Bernhard Landwehrmeyer
- Living in a family with HD: views from children and youth by Melinda Kavanaugh
- Personality – Does HD change it or disguise it? by Jimmy Pollard
- Nutrition, eating and swallowing – Needs, challenges and solutions by Angela Nuzzi
- The Importance of Physical Activity:
- The Importance of Physical Activity for People with HD by Susan O’Neill
- The MOVEment pill – Do we know how it works and how to take it? by Juliana Bronzova
- Juvenile Huntington Disease by Ferdinando Squitieri
Bulgarian Huntington Association
With Dr. Ralf Reilmann
Dr. Reilmann is neurologist and the founder of George Huntington Institute in Münster. He is involved in most of the clincial trials in HD in Europe.
HD on the Move
Every morning the participants met outside the hotel, ready to walk or run through the streets of Sofia under the slogan HD on the Move.