LEARN ABOUT US
The European Huntington Association (EHA) was established in 1986. Since then we have worked hard to improve the life of those affected by Huntington’s Disease. Our aim is to share information and connect people throughout Europe. Together we will let our voice be heard and work for better treatment, research and to fight stigma.
Structure. We are an umbrella organization, consisting of 43 National Huntington Associations and more than 30.000 individual members – and we continue to grow. We have our own board, which is elected every other year.
- Support and encourage collaboration across borders
- Exchange knowledge and experiences
- Motivate the Huntington community to participate in clinical trials
- Raise awareness of Huntington’s Disease
- Use our impact towards health-authorities and governments
- Establish new National Huntington’s Disease Associations
Our Project Stronger Together
In the autumn of 2016 Stronger Together was launched. The overall aim is to build a bridge between research and Huntington families.
This collaboration was especially enhanced in 2017, when the Huntington’s Disease Coalition for Patient Engagement (HD-COPE) was established. The coalition is the first of it’s kind in the Huntington community: it gives family members a direct and impactful voice in clinical research, and it gives researchers an opportunity to know more about the families’ needs.